Re: problem with inline functions in gsweb and clang

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: problem with inline functions in gsweb and clang
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 00:45:26 +0200

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:

On Monday, May 27, 2013 19:18 CEST, Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> wrote:

> /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.so.18.0: warning: stpcpy() is dangerous GNU crap; don't use it

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it? Nothing in particular. But, I think that using words such as "crap" is insufficient.

There are far more colorful expressions in the English language. In fact, if OpenBSD people wanted to use Croatian or Serbian, I'm sure we'd find several additional succulent expressions :-)

Now seriously: perhaps someone active with OpenBSD should poke OpenBSD people about removing such language, instead opting for something like "stpcpy() is a dangerous GNU non-standard construct".

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net