GNUstep Projects and Cambridge

From: David Chisnall
Subject: GNUstep Projects and Cambridge
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:10:50 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd share with you a couple of GNUstep-related projects that we're
going to be starting here in Cambridge soon.

The first is Krystof Vasa's summer internship project, which will involve
putting Objective-C in the FreeBSD kernel.  As part of this, I'd like to have a
/dev/do, allowing userspace components to communicate with the in-kernel parts.
 This will most likely involve a new Objective-C ABI tailored to the needs (and
restrictions) of the kernel.

The second is a Part II (third year) student who is interested in implementing
a DO-like system for communicating between Objective-C code on the server and
Objective-J (or Objective-C via my ObjC2JS translator) code on the client.  The
goal is to allow a web application to run with a server-side process in a
Capsicum sandbox preserving all of the state.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11