Re: Error msg running any Apps

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: Error msg running any Apps
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:17:22 -0600

On Thursday, 19-Sep-13 4:59 PM, Ivan Vučica wrote:
On Thursday, September 19, 2013, Duke Normandin wrote:

    I've installed all the required "stuff" on my win7 box in the
    hope that I will soon dive into learning Obj-C.

    I was hoping to use ProjectCenter to start hacking code, but
    unfortunately I keep getting this error msg:

    ------------------------------__-- %< ------------------------------
    The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be
    located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll
    ------------------------------__-- %< ------------------------------

    Any ideas as to what I did wrong, or haven't done? TIA ...

Do you have other installations of MinGW on the machine that might
conflict with the GNUstep's installation? This includes standalone
MinGW, Code::Blocks, Dev-Cpp, CodeLite, etc.

This is the only thing that comes to my mind, since obviously
libstdc++-6.dll that gets used isn't the one that GNUstep expects.
You'll want to search your machine for other versions of this binary.
Alternatively, I would highly, highly recommend using a UNIX-like
system in a virtual machine. Ubuntu and FreeBSD are good options.

Thanks you, Ivan!! I have everything except CodeLite. So I will try to find libstdc++-6.dll in all folders other than ..\GNUStep\ and nuke them all!!!! lol

Better yet - I have Lubuntu running on VMWare. This may be the way to go!!