GWorkspace Filesystem browser shows empty entries for dirs with umlauts

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: GWorkspace Filesystem browser shows empty entries for dirs with umlauts
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:24:33 +0200

Hi,

I stumbled across this one on OpenBSD 5.2, with following set:
$ set | grep -i LC
LC_ALL=en_EN.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
$ set | grep ENCOD
GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSUTF8StringEncoding

In a directory I have directories with umlauts in it:

for example:
$ cd /tmp/
$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ mkdir blah blech blubb blöbb

Entering /tmp/test directory with filesystem browser from GWorkspace,
then I see that the blöbb directory is shown without name.
Then even stranger, clicking on it, I get the current directory shown again,
so I can click on it again and again... see screenshot

Sebastian

PNG image