Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:08:41 -0600

In article <mailman.9708.1387496435.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Tom Bruno <thomas.bruno@me.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying to strictly follow Apple and do nothing else, there is tons of
> fun to be had extending cocoa even on Apple's platforms. Apple has just
> created a wonderful platform & I'm excited to see people wanting to bring its
> tools and environment to Linux.

This is another important point that needs addressing by leadership.
The shared ecosystem is something GNUstep *should* be taking advantage
of more, especially in the context of crowd funding.  You have to do
things that get your name in front of more people.  Isolate and promote
frameworks that would be of use to Mac/iOS developers even on Apple's
platform.  Hell, put some things in the App Store if you can!

I'm just amazed that none of these sorts of things are being discussed
in any fashion.  Even if the answer ends up as "No, we won't do that" it
can lead to something that can be put on the web site as a coherent
statement of why GNUstep is going in a particular direction.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, theremailer.net,