Re: GWorkspace and volume unmonting

From: James Carthew
Subject: Re: GWorkspace and volume unmonting
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:57:46 +1100

Thanks Ricardo, it's the little usability changes that make the overall experience so much nicer for everyone :)

On Sunday, December 22, 2013, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

To unmount a removable volume in GWorkspace you throw it to the Recycler. Nice. However this worked only in the Recycler of the Desktop Dock, not in the Recycler.app

Trying to understand why, I found some archived post where Enrico S. himself he had no interest in implementing the feature in the Recycler.app, at the displeasure of some users who use GWorkspace without the Desktop part.

Since I cleaned up some mounting/unmounting stuff, I analysed things a bit better: there was some commented out code: so it was attempted but didn't work. I think the old code wasn't just working well or not at all.

The improved code in the Desktop Dock however could be easily carried over and behold, it worked at the first attempt! Fine, enjoy. Finally a missing feature was fixed after so many years.

Have fun.

Riccardo