Re: Getting a specific Locale

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Getting a specific Locale
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:32:41 +0000

On Thu Jan 16 2014 at 1:00:12 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richardfrithmacdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

On 16 Jan 2014, at 11:50, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> #ifndef MACOSX
>  aLocale = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile: [[NSBundle bundleForLibrary: @"gnustep-base"]
>                              pathForResource: @"English"
>                              ofType: nil
>                              inDirectory: @"Languages"]];
> #else
>  aLocale = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile: [[NSBundle bundleForClass:[NSObject class]]
>                              pathForResource: @"English"
>                              ofType: nil
>                              inDirectory: @"Languages"] ];
> #endif

The two bits of code above have identical effect as long as NSObject comes from GNUstep base(which it practically has to), so ther's no need to have two code paths as far as I can see.

GNUmail can run on OS X with Cocoa, so asking for bundle named gnustep-base will fail.

But I suspect you meant to suggest getting rid of the first codepath.-- which is under incorrect #ifdef anyway (it should check for GNUSTEP and not for !MACOSX).