Re: NSOperationQueue - Killed after 40 seconds

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: NSOperationQueue - Killed after 40 seconds
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:23:19 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 05:17:55PM +0100, Matthias Rudolph wrote:
> Hi Ivan, hi Matt,
> thanks for your responses.
>
> It seems it is an memory allocation problem. dmsg: Out Of Memory. Thanks for
> the hint  ;-)
>
> My class:
>
> @interface ValueRow : NSObject {
>     int value[5000000];
> }

Each ValueRow uses 5000000 * 4 bytes on the stack ?? There's something
wrong here, you should probably use dynamic allocation and reduce
needed memory a lot if you want to allocate hundreds of ValueRow.

Philippe
--
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you
realize that what you heard is not what I meant. Richard Nixon