Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...

From: James Carthew
Subject: Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 19:59:51 +1100

I'd like to see something that has multi tab capability for code view, as well as some way to display two code files next to each other. One window is fine, but I really want elements to stay visually seperated. I hate having my filetree disappear every time I hit compile and Xcode tries to run debugging crap on my screen. I work on a 2560x1600 display and like using the entire desktop area to spread things out. I'd like to have GORM + Gemas + Project Center merged, so I can see both code and interface design at the same time, and quickly jump into compile/debugging of code.

On 4 April 2014 19:51, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 3 Apr 2014, at 23:34, Lundberg, Johannes <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:

> Features like good code completion, realtime parsing and error reports is a must for me (and most other Obj-C developers I think) if I would use anything other than Xcode.

FYI, we have code that does most of this in Étoilé svn, and Alex is working on tying the code completion in to the UI at the moment (it's almost done - the back end can get the code completion results, the UI just isn't filtering and presenting them yet).

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine