Re: install PREFIX during packaging

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: install PREFIX during packaging
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 22:37:56 +0200

Hi,

On 2014-05-16 19:32:34 +0200 Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:

> Tests/GNUmakefile is a sub-make. It is very possible that DESTDIR is not
> properly export'ed.
>
> I'd suggest trying:
> export DESTDIR=blah
> make install
>
> If this works, then the issue is one instance of make being naughty and not
> exporting DESTDIR into another make's environment.

Sadly not, here an excerpt on how I tried to add an export:

<...>
DESTDIR="/home/multix/code/opencsw/gnustep-base/trunk/work/install-isa-sparcv8plus"
  && export DESTDIR && gmake install
DESTDIR=/home/multix/code/opencsw/gnustep-base/trunk/work/install-isa-sparcv8plus
LD_OPTIONS=-R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST -R/opt/csw/lib -B direct -z ignore
GARPACKAGE=trunk
GAROSREL=5.10
GARCH=sparc
<...>
Making all in Tests ...
If you want to run the gnustep-base testsuite, please type 'make check'
/opt/csw/bin/ginstall: cannot create regular file
`/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Additional/base.make': Permission
denied
Makefile.postamble:46: recipe for target 'before-install' failed
gmake[2]: *** [before-install] Error 1

thus it apparently is wrong or the problem is different.

Riccardo