Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

From: eerimoq
Subject: Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 08:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

My intention is to use spritebuilder to create .ccb files, containing information about the graphical part of an app. The implementation of the logic is currently using xcode and objc, but I would like to use emacs and _javascript_ instead. There is no support for that today though. So as long as spritebuilder could run on Ubuntu I'm satisfied.

Erik

Hi,

eerimoq wrote:

> Hello!
>
> SpriteBuilder is a tool for creating iOS apps. It only supports OSX
> unfortunatly. Would it be possible to use GNUStep to run it on Ubuntu?
>
> There is a short description of SpriteBuilder in the README.md here:
>
> https://github.com/spritebuilder/SpriteBuilder
>
> // Erik

well, I had a quick look... most classes could compile fine, but how
much does it depend on XCode and its toolkits?
Perhaps you can get some parts working on GNUstep and thus Ubuntu, but
what is your goal?

At a first glance it oculd be tha tyou can get some part working and
thus do part of development without a Mac, maybe it is interesting already?

Riccardo