Issue With Runtime Selection

From: Jeremy Agostino
Subject: Issue With Runtime Selection
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:53:10 -0400

Greetings. I’ve set up a cross-compilation environment that I’d like to use to
build Mac OS X applications for Linux. I’m starting with a Library target that
consists of a few C and ObjC sources. I’m using clang to build with the latest
gnustep-libobjc2. I’m passing the compiler flags -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.7 and
-fobjc-arc but I’m getting the following error:
        error: -fobjc-arc is not supported on platforms using the legacy runtime

I added -v to the compile flags and I noticed that the clang invocation has the
argument -fobjc-runtime=gcc instead of the one I specified. Any ideas what’s
causing that? Thanks!

This is what my GNUmakefile looks like:
====
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

LIBRARY_NAME = DeviceBackupTools

DeviceBackupTools_C_FILES = \
        -- some C sources --

DeviceBackupTools_OBJC_FILES = \
        DeviceBackupManifest.m \
        -- other M sources --

DeviceBackupTools_HEADER_FILES = \
        -- headers --

DeviceBackupTools_INCLUDE_DIRS = \
        -I../

# Apple compatibility header provides extra NS/CF stuff for linux
DeviceBackupTools_CPPFLAGS = \
        -include ../AppleCompatibility.h \
        -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.7 \
        -fobjc-arc \
        -v

DeviceBackupTools_CFLAGS = \
        -include ../AppleCompatibility.h \
        -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.7 \
        -fobjc-arc

DeviceBackupTools_LIB_DIRS = \

-L/Volumes/x-tools/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/local/lib

LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON = \
        -ldispatch \
        -lgnustep-base \
        -lCoreFoundation \
        -lffi \
        -lz \
        -lssl \
        -lcrypto \
        $(FND_LIBS) $(OBJC_LIBS) $(SYSTEM_LIBS)

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/library.make
====