Re: GNUstep for games

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: GNUstep for games
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 14:24:26 -0700

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Matt Rice <ratmice@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  getting gnustep to hand over said window is another task entirely..
>

> Window? Couldn't you get OGRE to just use the 'current OpenGL context'
> (which would be the platform specific context object that's backing
> NSOpenGLView's NSOpenGLContext)?
>
> Does it actually need access to the HWND or its equivalents in other
> windowing systems?

went back and looked at the code and you are of course correct
(forgive me as it's been a number of years).

the problem was that NSOpenGLContext doesn't create a GL context until
it's been set to a view, leading us to intialize much of the graphics
engine/upload textures during awakeFromNib, and having a blank view
until that is finished, this may/may not have changed in the time
since, not sure.