Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8

From: Robert Slover
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:08:19 -0400

WordPerfect was bundled as well, and so was FrameMaker. I still consider the
NeXT versions of these to be the best of the lot, even though both were
multi-platform software. I particularly liked that you could open a frame in
FrameMaker and write some EPS into it, click out of the frame and it would be
rendered as part of the document. This lent itself to great custom integration
when used with Services (vastly underused and almost hidden in OS X) - you
could write a script that spit back EPS and register it as a service. This is
basically how the TeX service worked.

--Robert