Re: Mac compatility problem: recent items menu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Mac compatility problem: recent items menu
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 12:15:11 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

(gdb) bt
#0  0x920b4fd1 in -[NSDocumentController noteNewRecentDocumentURL:] ()
#1 0x91f9c4b3 in -[NSDocumentController _finishOpeningDocument:andShowWindows:] ()

it means that I have an apparently valid file! this makes things even more strange! And I have even less clues on how it is going wrong. If I have AppKit manage its menu and the File is there (I suspected it was empty), what could go wrong?

One think I'd like to check is the type of object, that is, being a a File (wrong, old code) or an URL containing a file.

I did:
(gdb) po [*(id*)($ebp + 16) class]
NSURL

so it looks "correct" to me!
Do you have perhaps another clue where I could look? Since this affecting both my Doc-based apps PRICE and Graphos I fear some general problem. But the methods get called and if even with a new menu, I'm rather tapping in the dark.

Riccardo