Re: CoreBase from SVN fails to configure due to wrong libdispatch

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: CoreBase from SVN fails to configure due to wrong libdispatch
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:38:26 -0600

I committed a hack to disable the broken check for GCD altogether until this can be sorted out.

I forgot to reply to all on my other message that said:

So I went hunting for what is happening and found a reference that says the configure script is broken (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CrossCompilingOsX#Building_gnustep-corebase).  I haven't gone through this particular area in a long time (haven't build with libdispatch in over a year).

It seems we only use GCD in CFRunLoop and it's not entirely clear to me what it's doing here (again, need Lubos' input).  For now, my suggestion is to pass --without-gcd.  CFStream should still work without GCD support, although I'm not sure how CFRunLoop will be impacted.