Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03

From: Michele Bert
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:13:21 +0200

Well, 12.04 is getting really old... You could try the wheezy packages
at http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/wheezy/i386/ but I
have no idea if they will work or even install on your distro, the
problem being the age, not the debian/ubuntu differences. Let me know
the result if you try that.

Here the output of apt-get dist-upgrade:

Following packages will be REMOVED:
  affiche.app agenda.app easydiff.app gnustep-back0.24 gnustep-back0.24-cairo gnustep-gpbs gnustep-gui-runtime gorm.app gworkspace.app
  laternamagica.app libgnustep-gui-dev libgnustep-gui0.24 libiconkit0 projectcenter.app systempreferences.app terminal.app textedit.app vindaloo.app
  zipper.app
Following packages will be kept at current version:
  gnustep-base-runtime libdbuskit0 libgnustep-base-dev libgnustep-base1.24 libgnustep-corebase0 libgnustep-corebase0-dev libgnustep-performance0
  libpopplerkit0
Following packagtes will be updated:
  gnustep-back-common gnustep-base-common gnustep-common gnustep-gui-common gnustep-make gworkspace-apps-wrappers libaddresses0 libobjcgs
  libobjcgs-dev renaissance-doc
10 updated, 0 installed, 19 to be removed and 8 not updated.

At this point I am not sure wether is better to proceed or not...

--
Mick