GWorkspace - themed application icons

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GWorkspace - themed application icons
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:21:15 +0100

Hi,

Richard coded a fine extension to our themeing: given the Bundle Identifier, one can supply alternatives icon, in specific the Application Icon itself can be changed. I tried and it works fine inside an App: the "alternative" icon gets shown both in the Info panel as well as in the Dock Tile for windowmaker.

However, GWorkspace doesn't pick up the "themed" icon. I want to change that.

I am actually trying to understand where the App icon gets found.

in FSNodeRepIcon we have - (NSImage *)iconOfSize:(int)size forNode:(FSNode *)nod

and this will call

baseIcon = [ws iconForFile: nodepath]

ws is

ws = [NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace];

I wonder if NSWorkspace should become in this case theme aware or if I should change GWorkspace (how?). I think the former is better.

A similar change is probably needed for iconForFileType I suppose.

Riccardo