Re: GNUStep pre-compiled SD Card

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GNUStep pre-compiled SD Card
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:39:55 +0100

> Am 13.11.2015 um 14:50 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>> I also tried installing the rasspbian package for the WindowMaker mindow
>> manager which, while not GNUstep, does at least provide a consistent look.
>> Unfortunately it seems to draw icons incorrectly on my display, so may not
>> be worth bothering with.
>
> I tried WindowMaker on my Raspberry PI too... it actually works quite fine.
> Only the "first" time a GS app starts, the application icon is drawn
> incorrectly. Further launches look fine.
>
> This reminds me that we have a similar poblem on "normal" platorms too, it is
> just less noticed.
> The first start is nto the "gnustep" icon, but just the standard X11 icon.
> For example, if you start a battery monitor or a system laod monitor, if it
> is the first app ever to be started up in your session it will display the
> application icon, not the battery level. If you quit and relaunch it will
> work fine.

That reminded me too. I have committed a workaround for this issue to
gnustep-back now.

Incidentally, you would observe the same issue for the first application
started after removing the _GNUSTEP_FRAME_OFFSETS property from the root window
(xprop -root -remove _GNUSTEP_FRAME_OFFSETS). And also for every application
under WindowMaker when you set the GNUstep default GSIgnoreRootOffsets to YES.

Wolfgang