Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work

From: carlos antonio neira bustos
Subject: Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:17:15 -0400

Hi Adam,

What Paul states is the same thing I realized when I tried to do the same and got stuck due to my lack of experience with the tools. I tried to use InterfaceWM(http://interfacewm.sourceforge.net/) as a replacement for WindowMaker , but had no success trying to run it. and also tried to clone HostManager.app but never got the UI right.

I used these resources when I wanted to know which apps where available and misc details.

http://www.shawcomputing.net/resources/next/applications.html

https://www.stone.com/NEXTSTEP.html

http://www.paullynch.org/NeXTSTEP/

http://www.levenez.com/NeXTSTEP/

Here are the fonts
http://www.shawcomputing.net/resources/next/software/ns-os-rhap_fonts/NS-OS-Rhap_Fonts_1.

The bottom line is that for this to work the apps that are not available must be cloned.

I never found the flash file where there was a tutorial on how to use Gorm and Project Center. There is a lot of information on how to or just read the NextStep 3.3 book is not the same but it helps.

Just for the record NetBSD now has graphical accelaration on the RPI2:
 http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/raspberry_pi_gpu_acceleration_in

Bests