Re: Plans for ahead

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:08:50 -0500

Richard,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM,  <richard@frithmacdonald.me.uk> wrote:
> I think Fred may have felt that the comment about being late with Wayland
> was directed personally. In fact he was the first to suggest using it (as
> he's argued for leveraging things like Cairo and open GL, against some
> opposition).

No comment on the list that I put out was meant personally.  They were
meant as mere statements of fact.  I know that Fred has pushed for
Wayland in the past.  The topic has come up many times, including at
the Dublin get together.

I didn't mean it as a personal attack on any level.

> I tried to get some wayland examples installed/working before leaving home,
> without success. I'm sure I can get it working, but the main Linux
> distributions are definitely not ready for it yet, so I think if we jump on
> it now, we won't be too late, and other people will have done most of the
> heavy lifting for us.

This would be great.

> If Fred is interested, perhaps he and I could get something working over the
> Christmas period.

Cool.   I would love to help out any way I can.

> Sent from my android device.

GC
--
Gregory Casamento