Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)

From: Luis Garcia Alanis
Subject: Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 14:31:50 -0800

Hahahaha funny! you can use git and not use the site (just register).

Plus I am sure some of the routers you internet packages are traveling through are also proprietary software :P

Like the Linux kernel, Git is free software distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Thanks
Luis

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Luboš Doležel <lubos@dolezel.info> wrote:
On 12/03/2015 10:59 PM, Svetlana A. Tkachenko wrote:
>> Maybe abandon the Savannah ship entirely and migrate to Github?
>
> I oppose GitHub.
> It is proprietary software.
> I do not have an account there and would be unable to contribute.
>
> I think Savannah supports git.

...!

GitHub still uses Git, which is open source.

The rest is just a website. Do you require the backend source code for
every website you visit?

--
Luboš Doležel