Re: Installation issues debian 8.2

From: Bertrand Gmail
Subject: Re: Installation issues debian 8.2
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 20:38:26 +0100

I don't remember if I compile clang separately before using ivan's script. I've just tried now the script on Jessie and get the same error.

You can try this :

 inside ~/ivucica-gnustep-ubuntu-install:

create a clang-build dir;
cd to this dir.
And compile llvm using :
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../llvm/

The "Release" is mandatory if you don't want to have a debug build which is the default for llvm.

It seems to work for me as I can launch the compilation process here.
Once it's done, do a make install and relaunch ivan's script without WITH_TRUNK_LLVM=1.

I forgot to say : you can disable opal compilation in ivan's script because it won't find the dedication libraries at compile time : some names are different in Ubuntu and in Debian. You can compile it by hand after.

Hope it will help.

Bertrand