Re: lock issues - again

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: lock issues - again
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 07:52:23 +0100

As you probably know this message comes from the update method on NSMenu. There
we validate all menu entries to decide whether the entry should be active or
not. This specifically comes from a menu named „Windows“, most likely our
windows menu, where all he active windows are listed. But NSMenu is only
relevant as it catches the exception that gets thrown by NSDistributedLock. The
best you could do is add a debugger breakpoint in the HANDLING code and print
out the stack from there. As far as I remember there is also a way to print the
stack of an exception directly from code, maybe Richard could help here.

That way you could see where and why the exception actually happens. But maybe
you and Richard are already aware of that. in that case just ignore my mail.

Fred