Re: ProjectCenter template and conflicting resource files

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter template and conflicting resource files
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 02:50:50 -0700

Hi,

From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>
To: Graham Lee <graham@iamleeg.com>, <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Sent: 1/8/2017 9:19 AM

If it were for me, I would just throw away the GSMarkup file - but it is
me, being biased for Gorm files.
Since I am only the "de facto" maintainer of PC and that officially it
is more or less community maintained, I resisted throwing away the
GSMarkup, although it has always bothered me too.

Thanks to both you and GJC, I am going to take this approach. I looked at creating two separate templates and it's a big duplication. There's a flag in the inspector for the app type to set Renaissance or GORM, it would be possible to use that to rewrite all the commented-out bits in the app delegate file and add the Renaissance library to the makefile but as it doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of enthusiasm (certainly not from me!) I'm just going to simplify the template by removing Renaissance.

We could remove it now to be added back on request later with a cleaner
option, being honest and knowing that it will perhaps never happen or
happen in years to come :) :)

Agreed :).

Graham.