Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 14:22:34 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I just committed a tiny change to the window level handling that
hopefully helps tool tips on other window managers. But I am not very
convinced that you actually have a window type issue here, from your
description it sounds more like a timing issue.

I did some more accurate testing on NetBSD/amd64.
I noticed by testing on PC's buttons. In my previous mail I said it consistently not worked, now it works sometimes, sometimes not.

1) if it does work, it works perfectly
2) if it does not display, the icon disappears and becomes grey, yet waiting... a couple of seoncs, sometimes more, will make eventually the tooltip appear and also the icon.

I wonder why the icon is involved at all.

Riccardo