Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 23:13:25 +0200

Hi Mark,

thank you for your patches. I tried to understand the last one before
integrating it and I am not completely convinced this is the best
solution. Could you please first provide a few tests that check the
expected behaviour? That way we could run the test against Apples EOF
and see if the behaviour there matches the tests and then adjust our
code to satisfy the tests.

With your latest change we would get values from the first prototype
even when we set a new one. At least in the case where the first had a
value and the second hasn't got one. This seems wrong to me.
Would it be sufficient to remove the line

      _flags.protoOverride = 0;

from setPrototype:?

Fred