Re: SystemPreferences app and NSLocale

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: SystemPreferences app and NSLocale
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:02:58 +0200

Please have a look at the code inside of NSLocale. After selecting the locale
all the different settings you are referring to will be extracted from that
locale. And applications that rely on the Foundation functionality will respect
these settings. At least for the case where ICU gets used.

On the other hand, the time zone is completely unrelated to the the locale.
That way I am able to use my German settings even when in a foreign country.

Selecting the different setting separately will get complicate, as you may have
to create a new locale with ICU.

Hope this helps,
Fred