Re: GNUMail app and gmail

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: GNUMail app and gmail
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 00:15:47 +0100

On 3 December 2017 at 23:08, Daniel Santos <daniel.dlds@gmail.com> wrote:

> I configured all the settings, but the console window kept telling me that
> the ser ver imap.gmail.com closed the connection.

You must configure the Gmail account to make its mail available via
IMAP. Also, you may need to tick the box that allows "less secure
clients". (Amusingly, this includes collection from a different Gmail
account over POP3!)

Check with a different client to ensure it's not a server-side problem.

Email: lproven@cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven@gmail.com