[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: GNUstep GUI 0.26.0
ANN: GNUstep GUI 0.26.0
Sun, 10 Dec 2017 17:11:37 +0000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is version 0.26.0 of the GNUstep GUI library ('gnustep-gui').
1.1 What is the GNUstep GUI Library?
It is a library of graphical user interface classes written completely
in the Objective-C language; the classes are based upon Apple's Cocoa
framework. The library has been enhanced in a number of ways to take
advantage of the GNU system. These classes include graphical objects
such as buttons, text fields, popup lists, browser lists, and windows;
there are also many associated classes for handling events, colors,
fonts, pasteboards and images.
The GNUstep GUI Library is designed in two parts. The first part is
the front-end component which is independent of platform and display
system. This front-end is combined with a back-end component which
handles all of the display system dependent such as specific calls to
X/Windows. This design allows the GNUstep applications to have the
"look and feel" of the underlying display system without any changes to
the application, and the library can be easily ported to other display
The GNUstep GUI Library requires the GNU Objective-C compiler, the
GNUstep Base Library, the TIFF Graphics library, Independent JPEG
Group's libjpeg library, and a back-end component from the GNUstep
Additional functionality may be enabled by installing additional
libraries. For example, to build the Cairo backend in the GNUstep Back
library, you will need to install Cairo.
1.2 Noteworthy changes in version '0.26.0'
This version was bumped due to previous binary incompatibilities between
0.25.0 and 0.25.1. This version also includes numerous compatibility
improvements from the Summer of Code project, and a wide variety of
other fixes. Notably, it fixes the use of cupsGetPPD() in the printing
* printing: Add an include to get deprecated function cupsGetPPD() on
newer CUPS systems.
* chore: Bump required base version.
* tiff: Support for writing resolution.
* jpeg: Save resolution information if it is different from 72 dpi.
* save panel: Fix return type of sorting function.
* events: Add some newer Cocoa enums and one method with dummy
* speech synthesis: NSSpeechSynthesizerDelegate is now a @protocol on
runtimes that support it.
* pasteboard: New type identifiers.
* translations: Some work on Polish, Russian and German translations
* cell: Improvements to mouse tracking logic on NSCell.
* image: If an unknown named image is unarchived with a coder or
keyed coder, keep the name.
* screen: Add -backingScaleFactor and return 1.0.
* window: Return 1.0 from -backingScaleFactor.
* compatibility: Numerous stub implementations of constants, classes
and methods to improve source-level compatibility.
* other bugfixes
1.3 Where can you get it? How can you compile it?
The gnustep-gui-0.26.0.tar.gz distribution file has been placed at
It is accompanied by gnustep-back-0.26.0.tar.gz.sig, a PGP signature
which you can validate by putting both files in the same directory and
gpg --verify gnustep-gui-0.26.0.tar.gz.sig
Signature has been created using the key with the following
83AA E47C E829 A414 6EF8 3420 CA86 8D4C 9914 9679
Read the INSTALL file or the GNUstep-HOWTO for installation
1.4 Where do I send bug reports?
Please log bug reports on the GNUstep project page
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnustep> or send bug reports to
1.5 Obtaining GNU Software
Check out the GNUstep web site. (<http://www.gnustep.org/>), and the
GNU web site. (<http://www.gnu.org/>)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- ANN: GNUstep GUI 0.26.0,
Ivan Vučica <=