Re: GNUMail app and gmail

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail app and gmail
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 01:24:46 +0100

Hi,

On 2017-12-11 16:58:29 +0100 Daniel Santos <daniel.dlds@gmail.com> wrote:

The problem occurs on several areas of the app. The console log (I have to
click or press the arrow keys to see the log entries). Browsing the
mailboxes folder list. I have to click on the lines to see the icon and the
name of each mailbox. Sometimes while doing this the app crashes. The
message list in an account window. I can send you Screen shots if it helps.

to me it sounds you have some backend issues.
- Do other application run fine, is it GNUMail specific?
- are you sure base/gui/back libraries are consistent? E.g. all from releases or all from git. Try not to have several copies around them - if you compile back yourself, you could attempt testing art and xlib backends (e.g. --enable-graphics=xlib) and see if the problem persists - if you have a Mac (anything from 10.3 up should work) you can try running it on Mac with the same settings. Binaries for PPC and Intel are provided

Just a proof I am typing this reply on GNUMail running on Linux/i386
I haven't checked ARM lately, I have a raspberry, I will check.

Riccardo