Re: Linking frameworks does not work

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Linking frameworks does not work
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 15:45:01 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

On 2. May 2018, at 15:36, Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com> wrote:

Selectors do not count here. They are only resolved at runtime not a link time.
You would need an explicit reference to a class, function or global variable from your frameworks inside the code of the test application to have the linker include those libraries in the executable.

int main (int argc, const char **argv, char** env)
  {
   NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

   [NSApplication sharedApplication];

   controller = [[Controller  alloc] init];
   NSLog(@"controller %@", controller);
   [NSApp setDelegate:controller];

   [NSString stringByChaining:@"ass" count:3];

   [pool release];

   return NSApplicationMain (argc, argv);
}

Is this directly enough? The method NSString::stringByChaining:count:] is defined/implemented in my SRFoundation framework. When I do

make

I get a resulting app and starting it leads to "NSString does not recognize selector stringByChaining:count: exception. When I instead build with

make shared=no

I get

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSRFoundation

and buolding the app fails!???