Re: signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 23:16:07 +0200

Am 07.05.2018 um 19:45 schrieb Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de>:

>> before banging on the head, since your code is "ancient" could you try using
>> gcc and its runtime if you are using clang+libobjc2.
>>
>> This would mean however probably compiling all gnustep yourself.
>
> 1) I have built GNustep on my own
> 2) I am using gcc and its runtime
>
> !?? That's what presented me the app with the unexplainable segmentation
> fault!?
>
> Any idea?

Thank you for clarifying that you use gcc.

Could it be that self gets deallocated in the "bums" method call? The best way
to find out about this would be to run the application with valgrind. Many
mysterious problems became quite clear when looking at them through the
valgrind toolset. If you require help with that, I could provide you with
detailed instructions.