Re: Bugs in gui/back

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Bugs in gui/back
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 14:56:01 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Höschler wrote:
this looks pretty much like the bug I am encountering with Unity window manager on Ubuntu 16.04. Any news regarding this? Now that I have figured out the fragile/non-fragile issue that caused seg fault crashes I am motivated to move forward with the project. Luckily Window Maker does not seems to suffer from the bug. But it would be great to see this fixed anyway. :-)

just for your "info" i have seen this happening in the past intermittently also on WindowMaker, but then it goes away at another rebuild or X11 restart and then seems to stay "stable". I have seen this happen again and again in the past, only in certain windows, most notably those with a tab view. GWorkspace seems to suffer from it and also Gorm's palette. but not all apps.

However (crossing fingers) currently I am not encountering it anywhere.

Riccardo