Re: runtime 2.0 issues. (Success!)

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Re: runtime 2.0 issues. (Success!)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 18:01:25 +0100

Thanks David,

I finally managed to get a proper compiled version under Debian 9 again. This
was bugging me now for more than a month and I finally can check if I still see
these memory leaks which I saw with libobjc2-1.8

Using clang-8, a patch to gnustep-make, some environment magic to take the
right linker and compiler (not too new and not too old) finally did the trick!
There where multiple issues which reciprocally where affecting each other which
meant whatever you tried, had to fail.

I will verify this now tomorrow on a freshly installed Debian again to be sure
all is properly working and write down a nice documentation for others so they
don't have to go through these pains.
I will also will build packages for it so installing gnustep-base (and gui for
those who need it) will become a piece of cake.