Re: Warning with clang, error with gcc : attached files

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Warning with clang, error with gcc : attached files
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 09:04:55 +0100

On 30/04/2019 21:45, Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:
> If only I could... but Objc2 is still no an option on ppc linux and
> that's precisely why I want to port rik to objc1.

Making Objective-C 2 work on PowerPC is almost certainly less effort than porting a codebase to an old dialect and maintaining a less maintainable fork. If you're happy with the slow message send paths (no objc_msgSend, just the old objc_msg_lookup then call the resulting IMP) and you're not using imp_implementationWithBlock then it should all work already, modulo build system issues.

David