Re: KVO Bindings

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: KVO Bindings
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 14:57:01 +0100

Last time I checked:

KVO worked. There is a cleaner way of implementing it on the GNUstep runtime (which WinObjC does, but GNUstep doesn't yet).

Some of the bindings work, but several of the NS*Controller classes are missing functionality. Apple is quietly trying to forget Cocoa bindings were ever a thing (they're not supported by UIKit at all and no longer seem to be recommended by the AppKit tutorials), so I don't think anyone has been motivated to do it. I don't think anything in implementing the missing parts is difficult, it's all just work. Debugging bindings is basically impossible on macOS, I don't know whether debugging the implementation of bindings is easier...

David