Re: GWorkspace and new ABI

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: GWorkspace and new ABI
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:43:47 +0200

Hey Riccardo,

On 18 Oct 2019, at 14:23, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

if there is a place where the options are not passwd down in GWorkspace please let me know. Some time ago, I reviewed all make and configure files so that it happens, but maybe I missed some.

thanks for your offering which lead me a step closer to the solution. I thought: Well, it cannot be GWorkspace because it worked using the new runtime when I tried it with Debian Stretch. When I thought about what I changed in comparison to the Stretch setup I recognized I compiled PDFKit before and thus added it as a dependency. And voilá: When I removed PDFKit and recompiled, GWorkspace was starting.

I also recompiled PDFKit and checked the compilation output there. It seems to me the .m files are compiled using the correct flags (I’m not fully sure though), but the clang++/cc compile calls are not. Maybe you can look into it if there are some files which depend on the objc runtime but are missing the correct flags?

Thanks in advance
Johannes