Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Max Chan
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:11:10 +0800

I would like to add another plus for dropping GCC: if we want any hope for Swift interworking, we have to use clang as the compiler.

Apple have no plan to provide any GUI support on Linux version of Swift. If we have Swift interworking, even though we may have to drop our own libobjc, Foundation and CoreFoundation in favor of Apple’s release, the GNUStep GUI package can provide the replacement AppKit that Apple’s Swift release lacked.

顺颂商祺
陈北宗 Max Chan, from SushiBits Projects
Tel. +86 186-2165-8748
https://github.com/SushiBits