Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 17:30:40 +0100

Hi,

Derek Fawcus wrote:
While dropping support for GCC does not strike me as a problem,
switching the core implementation to depend upon C++ may well do.

How many developers are comfortable with C++?

I don't like it. Actually, my love for GNUstep is not only the OpenStep-like API, but Objective-C (1.0) which is just a language I grew in very well

I don't like C++, although it has some merits, it is easy to write complex code. I do work on projects wich use C++ extensively and I hate districating myself in the tangle of C++-isms.
It is a matter of taste, I suppose.

Since GNUstep for me is in great part "fun" (although I managed to get some enterprise tools done, they are still Open Source) coding for it should retain (no pun on ARC intended) this fun part.

Riccardo