libART backend status

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: libART backend status
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 15:06:40 +0100

Hi Fred and Sergey,

As of July 28 2019 of GUI and Back everything worked mostly fine: Terminal, GWorkspace come up and menus are properly displayed as far as I can tell.

I upgraded base / gui / back to current git master, I removed the old libraries to be sure. I rebuilt some apps and started them, they all look fine. I don't get cut menus or similar.

Actually everything looks better than on those platforms where I have the problems of misspaced cairo fonts!

GWorkspace, Terminal do look fine. Even difficult AClock draws fine and BatteryMonitor is fine too.

I tried drawing in Graphos and adding some text, works as expected.Beziers and text in Graphos look better with libart than anything else and it is even fast on this old laptop!

Heck... even SimpleWebKit+Vespucci display, within SWK limits, nice text and (some) pictures! Scrolling is incredibly fast Amazed!

Actually, I found a display issue: a PopUpButton in PRICE has the entries cut off... instead of display "Fit horizontally" only "Fit" is displayed.

With this hind... I found that the same thing happens in the GWorkspace preference menu: "Deskto" is displayed in the PopUpButton.. but once selected, correctly Desktop is shown.

All PopUpButtons are affected...

Similar issue is displayed by Tabs Titles.

I did notice this issue only after playing around a bit, so i cannot check if previous to the upgrade it did  work.

Riccardo