Re: Wayland backend update

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Wayland backend update
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 22:00:52 +0100

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:51:36PM +0100, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> I looked through your patch files and this seems to be great. It would be
> excellent to have a git repository where we could merge this from. You will
> need to assign the copyright for your changes to the FSF of course.

Sergio did most of the work. I just built a few patches on top of this
and added configure changes from Ivan's repo.
I know Sergio was asked to assign the copyright to the FSF some years
ago, but I'm not sure how that ended. I'll definitely do it, although
I'm not sure if that's neccesary for such minor changes.

> Merging this would make me happy and I am sure Ivan feels the same :-)

There is still a lot of work to be done, but I agree having separate
branch with code marked as experimental could motivate more people
to work on it.
Perhaps Ivan could update his git tree... ;-)
https://github.com/ivucica/libs-gui/tree/ivucica-wayland
https://github.com/ivucica/libs-back/tree/ivucica-wayland