Re: Wayland backend update

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Wayland backend update
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 22:39:37 +0000

To add:

I also installed mutter from Debian testing (required installation of
Xwayland as well), ran it with 'mutter --wayland --nested', and I
could run SystemPreferences from it.

Unfortunately, the window doesn't display initially (it's invisible,
kind of like the experience I had attempting to merge Sergio's
patches). However, this time around, I can click around and eventually
something happens and the windows do get painted.

Interestingly, app menu (whether floating or global docked menu) and
the dock icon are painted correctly.

I would not be surprised if fixing the xdg_surface not being
configured would fix the problem in Mutter as well.

Thoughts?