Re: Touch panel keyboard in GNUstep app

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Touch panel keyboard in GNUstep app
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:30:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Fred,

in the meanwhile I was able to test the

- (void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)theEvent
{
 NSLog(@"mouseDown ...");
 [NSApp preventWindowOrdering];

 [self highlight:YES];

 NSEvent *mouseUpEvent = [[self window] nextEventMatchingMask:NSLeftMouseUpMask untilDate:[NSDate distantFuture] inMode:NSEventTrackingRunLoopMode dequeue:YES];
 NSPoint mouseLocation = [self convertPoint:[mouseUpEvent locationInWindow] fromView:nil];
 BOOL mouseUpInside = [self mouse:mouseLocation inRect:[self bounds]];

 if (mouseUpInside)
   {
    if ([self target]) [[self target] performSelector:[self action] withObject:self];
   }
 [self highlight:NO];
}

code fragment (NSButton subclass) on GNUstep. And as expected it does not work there. So I am still looking for a solution ...

Do you know which part in the GNustep source tree resigns fist responder from a currently active control and transfers it to a clicked button? I got somehow lost in the event handling code.

Thanks a lot,

   Andreas

The method preventWindowOrdering is a NOOP on GNUstep, so it won’t help you. Put if this is what helps you on MacOS then most likely your touch panel is stealing the focus. You should try to override canBecomeKeyWindow for that panel.

Hope this help,
Fred