Re: Running `buildtool` on OSX

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Running `buildtool` on OSX
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 13:48:31 -0400

Gustavo,

What's the purpose of running it under Cocoa?

The buildtool utility is not meant to run on a mac.  It's purpose is to build xcode projects against GNUstep's libraries without the need for GNUmakefiles on Linux/BSD/Windows etc.  It is a replacement for xcodebuild on other platforms.

Yours, GC

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:23 PM Gustavo Tavares <mucholove@fastmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

So I have a version of `tools-buildtool` on my Mojave Mac.

I was able to build it. On running it though—I got this error:

> buildtool

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _ASSIGN

  Referenced from: /Users/gtk-air/Library/Frameworks/XCode.framework/XCode

  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _ASSIGN

  Referenced from: /Users/gtk-air/Library/Frameworks/XCode.framework/XCode

  Expected in: flat namespace

Abort trap: 6

Not sure what to do :/

What should I try?

Running `grep -R __ASSIGN .`  shows *.o and *.dylib files so this is a bit above my pay-grade at present.

Thank you,

Gustavo

--
Gregory Casamento