Re: Trying to build GNUstep from git repo and clang-9 on Raspbian Buster

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: Trying to build GNUstep from git repo and clang-9 on Raspbian Buster (10.4)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 19:46:38 +0200

On 18 Jun 2020, at 10:46, David Chisnall wrote:

I did. Five years ago. Note that there was a bug until 15 months ago where the unwind info was not correctly set, so throwing an exception out of +initialize would potentially corrupt some floating point state.

This runtime stuff really is higher arts for me, so I won’t be of much help debugging. But I ran into an issue that seems to be connected to something called „unwind“. ;)

Looking into the git history it seems to be connected to lastest commit/PR.

https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/issues/164

It’s different to what Patrick reported, though. Running cmake with clang-8 worked without issues.

Johannes