StepSync 0.1 : wrong path and folders empty

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: StepSync 0.1 : wrong path and folders empty
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 20:52:44 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

I added some subfolders of subfolders... with new files to the source folder. F.e. :

TRAVAIL/COURS/3LA/Dictee39
TRAVAIL/COURS/3LA/Dictee310

When I made a sync with StepSync to the target :
'TRAVAIL' on a removable device
where the path 'COURS/3LA' was already there,
I found two issues :

1) The new subfolders have been appended at the root of the Target folder 'TRAVAIL' : bad path. We should expect the new path to be created like 'mkdir -p in the CLI'. 2) And these folders were empty : we should not expect the files to be copied in each folder when the path is wrong. So the 2nd issue seemed linked to the first.

I suspected something went wrong because the status between the two folders showed inconsistent numbers in the window of StepSync after it proceeded.

Are you using something like rsync under the UI ?
Maybe you already know those issues and planned to correct those in the upcoming release ?

--
Regards,
Patrick