Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Xavier Brochard
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 21:18:35 +0100

Le 26.03.2021 20:20, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hello,

Graham Lee wrote:
I observe the evidence that RMS has indeed stepped back from such
statements, e.g.
https://www.stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#14_September_2019_(Sex_between_an_adult_and_a_child_is_wrong).
The GNU kind communication guidelines
(https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html#f1) declare
political discussions other than the advocacy of free software
off-topic in GNU project fora such as this list, so I will not enter
into that topic here. However, I will make myself available to
Johannes, RMS, and to Greg and the GNUstep maintainers for
constructive discussion via email if they wish to have that discussion
privately.

Since this discussion has can become very politcal and personal, I too
prefer to continue further discussion off-line.

I write here only that I distanciate myself from Johannes' and Niels'
position. I find the reasons hypocritical and the online petition linked
by Johannes quite shady and debatable!

Fully agree.

Actually looking at some projects that subscribe it, I am happy to
distantiate from them, since they have a really questionable concept of
freedom (as "technolgoical freedom", further below).

Fully agree.

---
Librement,
Xavier Brochard xavier@alternatif.org
La liberté est à l'homme ce que les ailes sont à l'oiseau (Jean-Pierre Rosnay)