Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Umberto Cerrato
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 22:56:41 +0000

Hello everyone,

“Hurting the project” ahah. Are you serious?

Anyway,
I do want to spend some time to comment this.

I think the person who came up with this issue did a good thing. It is very
important to not focus just “on code”. We are not automata and it is instead
very important to discuss each other (discuss-gnustep seems the right place to
do it). People who get to code together have to stay in a nice and comfortable
place. Again, it is important to give the right importance to things. Coding is
nice, but nobody should let her/himself distracted by the “real”(?) issues. (As
this one could be, but everything I am going to say should be good for other
times too.)

The core team could meet and discuss about the issue if they want/the majority
wants to deepen the thing. (As you are already doing). But I would say email is
not a great tool to come to a compromise (or a decision).

Also from my understanding Johannes did not invite the group to “stop coding”
but instead to dissociate yourself by an organisation that in his opinion made
a bad decision.

I am done.
I thought I had to comment on this for the way the majority of the people here
replied to the first email. I do not really care about the FSF or GNU.