Re: GNUstep - libobjc2 compile error

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep - libobjc2 compile error
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:06:46 +0200

Hi,

Bob Plymale wrote:
> Wanted to port my Mac app over using existing code, but I think I am beat and
> will just go c++

maybe you can work out with libobjc2... but if you compare a rewrite to
C++, it might be far less work to adapt your Obj-C code to work with
what GCC provides than going full to C++.
I worked on ZipKit or another non-public project for example and the
only thing I had to do is remove ARC and use classic refcountig and
adapt properties and it did compile with gcc. Msys2 comes with recent
enough gcc with properties. The code will work with Apple too.

Your choice of course and it depends on your code.

Riccardo